Taking a screenshot is very common and a useful feature in any phone. If you are planning to buy One Plus 7T phone, then you should learn the right way to capture a screenshot on it. This guide will take you through the procedure to capture a screenshot on your OnePlus 7T. In addition to it, you will learn the different types of controls like “a scrolling screenshot” and “3 finger gesture” in 7T.
What is so unique about One Plus 7T phones?
OnePlus, is a brand recognized worldwide for its exclusive smartphones. It has recently come up with brand new flagship model One Plus 7T. Some of the key highlights of this phone are 90Hz 2K AMOLED display, on-screen fingerprint sensor, Android V10 OS, Oxygen OS as custom user interface, Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus, 6.65 inches screen, smooth video recording at 1920 *1080 @ 30fps, a slider selfie camera, triple camera setup (48 MP + 16 MP+ 12 MP), 128 GB internal storage, 3800 mAh battery for superfast charging, and up to 8GB RAM.
This phone is available in two remarkable color choices as glacier blue and frosted silver that looks appealing. The sturdy Corning Gorilla Glass offers the best level of protection to its screen. The impressive 20:9 aspect ratio provides flawless crystal-clear picture quality to leave you spellbound. All these exemplary features make the 7T version more powerful than its earlier releases.
A Standard Screenshot
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power button together
- When you see the screen getting captured and hear a camera shutter sound, release both the buttons. Your screenshot is captured successfully. You will also get a screen shot capture notification in the notification menu.
There is a toolbar displayed at the bottom of your phone screen that lets user edit, capture or share a screenshot. You can also edit your screenshot using the edit button present at the bottom of the screen. There are several tools that lets you customize the screenshot by adding photos, text or geometrical shapes etc. to it before you send it to others.
A Scrolling Screenshot
Along with the standard form of screenshot, OnePlus 7T with its Oxygen OS provides the ability to capture a scrolling screenshot. With incessant screen capture function, you can easily take a prolonged screenshot of the full webpage that usually would not fit in a screen. To take a scrolling screenshot you need to perform the following steps:
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button simultaneously.
- Tap “Scrolling Screenshot” icon displayed on the toolbar present at the bottom of the screen.
- You will see that the screen will begin to scroll automatically that enables user to take continuous screenshots.
- Whenever you wish to stop scrolling, you need to tap on the screen. An extended screenshot will get captured. Failing to stop the capture function will continue screen capture till the page or screen ends.
Screenshot using 3 finger gesture
OnePlus offers a quick and interesting method to capture screenshots with the help of a swipe gesture. To be able to use this feature, you will first have to enable a specific gesture in your phone settings. To perform this function, you need to follow below steps.
- Go to Settings menu. Locate Customization icon in the menu. Now tap on Gestures.
- Enable the toggle function for “3 finger screenshot”.
- Now swipe down or up on the screen with three fingers.
- Your phone screen will get captured instantly.
This method works not just in the OnePlus 7 series, but also in other previous versions of OnePlus i.e., One Plus 5, 5T, 6 and 6T.
So, you now you have learned three ways to capture a screenshot in One Plus 7T. Choose any of these methods to quickly and easily capture your screen.