Screen mirroring is a method that enables users to mirror the content of their mobile to a television screen. This function on a tablet or a smartphone is also called by a few other names such as Quick Connect, Screen Casting, and Smart View depending on the OS and the smartphone model.
The screen mirroring technology differs from one phone to another based on its age, manufacturer of the smartphone, model, and television model and compatibility. This article focusses on Samsung smartphones. Almost all recent models of smartphones and tablets under this brand come with a screen mirroring capability. In this article, we will tell easy steps to mirror your Samsung Galaxy A50 to a television.
How to quickly locate this function on my phone?
The fastest method to locate this function on your television screen is to drag down the phone screen from the top with the help of the finger. You will see a notification menu where this function will appear. You may need to drag the menu twice to see the full notification menu. In the notification menu, you will see the function as “Screen mirroring” or “Smart View” or “Quick Connect” icon.
Method to mirror the screen in Samsung Galaxy A50
This method allows you to view the screen contents of your Galaxy A50 on television screen. In other words, it is a means to share the screen of your mobile device or its contents on a big display through a wireless connection.
To view the smartphone’s screen through an external display, you may be requiring a Wireless Display adapter like Chromecast or a compatible HDTV. You can get a wireless adapter from an authorized local or online Samsung store.
Share Your Phone Screen
Below is the step by step method to share the contents of your Samsung Galaxy A 50 screen to your television.
- Scroll down on the Status bar twice to get access to the notification menu.
- You will see the “Smart View” icon.
- You may need to swipe sideways to see additional icons in the menu. Locate the “Smart View” icon here.
- You will see all the external devices that are connected to your phone. Find your television icon in the external device display list.
- If you don’t see it in the list, it may be due to your television is not switched on, not properly connected or does not support screen sharing feature.
- Ensure everything is proper, and repeat the same steps again. Find if your television icon is showing in the list. Tap on it. You will be able to see your phone content on the television.
Share Videos or Pictures
If you want to share picture or videos stored in your phone to your television, then follow these steps:
- Go to the home screen of your Samsung Galaxy A 50 phone. Now, using your finger, swipe sideways on the screen to access the application screen.
- Tap “Gallery” icon.
- Select the appropriate photo or video album that you want to share. Navigate to the location of the picture / video.
- In the album, choose the specific image or video that you wish to view.
- You will see” Share icon” located on the lower-right side of the screen.
- If required, tap on the phone screen to view the options.
- Tap on “Smart View” icon. You will see a list that shows all the external devices connected to your mobile.
- Locate your television icon in this list and click on it.
- Now you can easily view your chosen picture or video (on your phone) on your television.
So, this completes the procedure of screen mirroring in Samsung Galaxy A 50 phone to a TV. With these simple steps you can enjoy seeing your phone contents on a large television screen easily.