Sony is a Japanese multinational company that is considered as one of the most reputed brands in the electronic industry. From gaming, to electronics, to communication and entertainment, this company has been the leader in various consumer products. This company has introduced TV systems in various make and models. One of them is LED technology enabled TV sets. These TV sets assure its customers of unmatched picture quality to its users.
However, most of the people do not appreciate the picture quality that they get in brand new television sets. This is because these TV sets have been kept as display model in the stores so the picture setting is done accordingly. As the idea of perfect television image varies from person to person, you can even modify it as per your personal choice. There are simple ways by which you can enhance the colour, clarity and contrast of display in Sony LED television. Small tweaks to the background settings will get you the perfect picture setting to improve your viewing experience.
To adjust the basic picture settings in Sony LED television, you need to precisely go to the television home screen. Click on ‘Settings’ -> ‘System Settings’ -> ‘Eco’ and turn off the “Light Sensor”.
Another important setting you need to turn off is Reality Creation, Smooth Gradation and Noise Reduction. All these features can be accessed by ‘Settings’ -> ‘Picture’ menu.
Keep the ‘Backlight’ setting at 7 or 8. Set the image mode to ‘Standard’. Once you adjust it, choose ‘Advanced’. Switch off everything.
Calibrate your Television
Check the correct size of image. In normal cases, LED television stretches the signal that reduces the sharpness of the image. To correct the picture size, you need to open ‘Settings’ menu -> ‘Display’ -> ‘Screen’. Now set display area to “Full Pixel” and “auto display area” to ‘Off’.
Brightness is another important feature that determines the quality of the image. Adjust the “brightness” on the LED television so that the “black field” present on the left corner is completely black.
Adjust the contrast of your Sony LED television till the region on the farthest right side is of white color.
When a sharpness of the LED television is very high, the picture quality begins to look artificial and unnatural. This should be avoided. You need to correct the “sharpness” levels so that image does not have any bright border around it. If you see any white border, then reduce the sharpness till it gets disappeared.
Adjusting Colour Saturation
Color saturation is another feature that you need to adjust. It is advised to adjust the colour saturation level such that the skin tones give a natural appearance.
Once these basic picture settings are done, you need to go a little further. Check the advanced level settings. We recommended some of the Advanced settings as:
- ‘Reality Creation’ -> ‘On’. It will enhance the picture quality by restoring lost details.
- ‘Smooth Gradation’ -> ‘Medium’. This setting will enhance colour gradations of varying sources. It is very effective on signals that are highly compressed.
- If you are using only digital sources for viewing pictures, then you should turn off noise reduction settings.
- Different settings such as black corrector and colour temperature in the advanced settings can be easily adjusted to suit your personal taste. Take time to test with different settings and see how it matches to your preference.
General Picture Settings
Below are the common picture settings that you need to correct in your Sony LED TV.
- Picture mode: Movie or Cinema
- Sharpness: 0% (You will find it to be set to zero. This can cause an image to look blurry. You need to change it to “50%” for the “off” picture setting.
- Backlight: For daytime use, it is advised to keep Backlight to “100%”. This won’t deteriorate picture quality.
- Brightness: 50%
- Contrast: 100%
- Hue: 0%
- Color: 50%
- Gamma: 2.2
- Tint (G/R): 50%
Switch off all types of image processing, interpolation, or any other picture setting that claim to “enhance” the quality of the image.
You should Turn Off following advanced settings:
- MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
- Smooth Gradation: Off
- Reality Creation: Off
- Dot Noise Reduction: Off
- Noise Reduction: Off
- Motion flow: Off
- Auto Light Limiter: Off
- Black Corrector: Off
- Live Color: Off
- Cine Motion: Off
- Clear White: Off
- Edge Enhancer: Off
- Detail Enhancer: Off
- SBM: Off
- Motion Interpolation: Off
- Edge Enhancement: Off
By optimizing the picture settings in Sony LED television, you can see an amazing improvement in the picture quality. Now your modified picture looks perfect to get the best quality television watching experience.