Hard resetting is a method that allows OnePlus 7T users to remove all data stored on the phone. By this functionality, users can bypass screen lock in their phone. Hard resetting helps in restoring OnePlus 7T to its default settings. This method can be done in a variety of ways. The following article provides you step by step instructions to hard reset a OnePlus 7T phone properly.
What is a Hard reset?
A hard-reset help in restoring the original factory settings of your OnePlus 7T device. It will eliminate all your personal data present on the internal storage. It can be ringtones, downloads, applications, images, visual voicemail and contacts. This method will not remove data stored on the SD card or the SIM card on the phone.
What happens when you reset network settings of your phone?
When you choose to hard reset all data connections to the factory defaults, then you are likely to see following changes after successful operation of this task.
- Deletes all stored Wi-Fi networks
- Deletes all stored tethered connections
- Deletes all paired Bluetooth devices
- Data restrictive settings in apps that were turned on by the user will reset to the factory setting.
- Network selection and Preferred mobile network type are set to “Automatic” and “Best” respectively.
The connections status of your device is set to following default settings.
- Airplane mode: OFF
- Data roaming: OFF
- Bluetooth: OFF
- VPN: OFF
- Mobile hotspot: OFF
- Wi-Fi: ON
- Mobile data: ON
How to perform hard reset from settings menu of your phone?
Following steps have to be performed in sequence to hard reset your phone
- Back up all your data stored on the internal memory.
- Visit Home screen of your phone, tap on “Settings” icon on the screen.
- Tap System -> Reset options -> “Erase all data”.
- Tap on the option that states “Reset Phone”.
- You will be prompted for password. Enter the password and tap on Next.
- Tap “Erase Everything”.
Your device will start to reboot. The current setting of the phone will reset to factory settings.
Hard reset using hardware keys
This method should be used when your device fails to respond to your actions. In such a scenario, you can use hardware keys to hard reset your One Plus 7T phone.
- Press the Power and Volume down hardware key together for some time till you see OnePlus logo on the screen.
- Now release the Power key, while holding the Volume down key.
- A Password screen is displayed that will prompt you to enter the Password. This is the same password that you use for unlocking your device screen. After when you enter the password, tap Ok.
- Tap “Wipe cache and data”.
- Tap “Reset everything”
- You will be asked “Changes can’t be reverted; do you wish to continue”. Tap on Yes
- Now the last step is to tap “Reboot to restart the phone”.
Ways to reset the network resetting of your phone:
- Go to the home screen of the phone, and then tap “Settings” icon.
- Tap System -> Reset Options -> Reset mobile, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- Tap “Reset Settings”.
- Enter your Password, and tap Next.
- Tap “Reset Settings” to confirm.
So, with these simple steps you can hard reset your One Plus 7T phone. You would notice that your device becomes faster and more responsive just like a newly bought one.